outfits food photography fitness contact

3.26.2013

Life is always better with cookies.


 I've been on a cookie kick lately.  Cookies are dangerous around here.  I can't be trusted with more than a few.  I found a delicious recipe for browned butter chocolate chip cookies and decided to give them a try.  Who doesn't love browned butter? 

Ultra Delicious Brown Butter Oat Cookies

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (maybe a little more if you're in a high altitude)
3/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (I used less than 1/2 a teaspoon)
1 cup chocolate chips

Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes.  I love a gooey gooey cookie.

In a saucepan melt the butter until brown.  I was watching mine and noticed it kind of went from yellow to a green and eventually to brown and there are some bubbles.  As it turns brown, you can remove it from the heat but still continue to stir for about a minute.   Put the butter aside and let it cool.  I am impatient and put the butter in the fridge trying to get it to cool faster.  

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and mix in the oats.  With the cooled butter mix the sugars, egg, vanilla, and add to dry mix.  One of the most frustrating parts of baking in my own experience is when dough seems too dry.  You can add some milk to help it come together, although a little goes a long way! Mix in the chocolate and have some chips for yourself.




2 comments: