outfits food photography fitness contact

5.29.2013

A glimpse of our weekend.

Memorial Day weekend started off just the way it always should, with a backyard BBQ.  The extra day off was something my pregnant self couldn't have been more excited for this year. At 31 weeks pregnant I'm starting to feel slightly uncomfortable and more tired each day.  Anyway, Saturday night my parents had a going away party for Step and Aubs.  We are not okay about them moving across the country to Washington DC (more on that later)!  The number one reason I love BBQs aside from good company and nice weather is all of the delicious dishes everyone contributes.  My sista made her famous raspberry pretzel jello, my aunt brought her deliciously reliable bean salad, there was baked beans, a fresh fruit platter, sister in law brought tasty chocolate chip cookies, and of course my Mom brought her A game, serving grilled chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and salads! Needless to say, I left feeling too full, which is real easy for me these days. 
 Thanks to pinterest I couldn't wait to try this Veggie Swirl.  It turned out just as beautiful as I was hoping it would, and it tasted pretty good too!  Potatoes, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes assembled on a bed of sauteed onions and garlic baked for almost 50 minutes with Parmesan cheese and thyme sprinkled on top.  It's such a simple dish, and fun to assemble!
 How beautiful are these ladies?
 Me and my sister rocking our most comfortable shoes we found in Covent Garden, with our pregnant bellies spilling into the photo.
My parents yard is blooming with beautiful flowers in every direction, making for a very relaxed evening.
 Saying goodbye to these two before they drove off East - headed to DC for an awesome job and new adventure!
 We made our way to Midway as quickly as we could because that's the best place EVER if you want to relax!  Midway is hands down Crew's favorite place on earth.  He loves it.
Walks on walks on walks.
 Hanging out with LE at Timp Freeze
 One of our favorite Mexican restaurants also happens to be in Midway.  This Mango Avocado Chicken Salad from Tarahumara was so delicious I'm already craving it again.
TT reelin' in a Tiger Trout!

It was so nice to hangout with family and friends and enjoy good food and better weather!

1 comment:

  1. i've said it once, i'll say it again - your family does the funnest stuff!!! that veggie thing looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete